Raw HDPE (High Density Polyethylene)
DuroGreen’s® poly lumber is made of 95% post-consumer recycled HDPE. What does this mean for our consumers? It means our poly is truly recycled.
All of our recycled lumber goes through the following process
- The process begins with baled milk jugs and bottles. Lids and other contaminants are sorted out to keep the poly pure, and the quality high.
- Milk jugs are then ground down, washed, and dried.
- The ground pieces are melted, all other contaminates are removed, and formed into HDPE pellets.
- The HDPE pellets are later melted down, blended with color, and extruded into lumber of all sizes.
- After cutting the lumber to the size and shape required for our furniture, DuroGreen® recycles and regrinds all excess material from our manufacturing process, reducing as much waste as possible.
All of our lumber is certified by the Fair Trade Commission (FTC) to meet all “Green Guidelines.” Our lumber is also third party Green Circle Certified to contain 95% post-consumer material. Put simply, our material is made of 95% recycled material, unlike some of our competitors.
HDPE has many benefits over real wood.
- Poly is low maintenance, and weather resistant.
- Poly can be cleaned by using gentle household cleaners, like dish soap and water.
- Poly never needs to be painted.
- Poly has solid, UV protected, color throughout.
- Poly is environmentally friendly through reuse of plastics rather than the destruction of trees.
Proudly made in the usa
Start to finish our products are made exclusively here in the United States.
- Stainless steel pegs are manufactured in Elkhart, Indiana.
- HDPE 95% recycled Poly-Tuf™ lumber is made in Aurora, Illinois.
- Furniture is manufactured and assembled in Elkhart, Indiana.
- Packaging is made in Elkhart, Indiana.
- Logo tags created and produced in Elkhart, Indiana.
- Marine grade stainless steel hardware is sourced from various locations in the United States.
Women in the Work Place
DuroGreen® was started by a female entrepreneur and employs more than 60% women. From the shop to the office women excel in all levels of our company.
Marine Grade Stainless Steel Hardware
We buy the highest quality marine grade stainless steel hardware. Our hardware is sourced in the United States and has received ISO 9001 Certification. Marine grade stainless steel hardware is also used in the boating industry and can hold up to harsh weather and salt water conditions.
A Beautiful Finished Product
DuroGreen® strives to produce a high quality, well designed product. Our designers have years of industry experience. We have fashioned each item to have the perfect balance of comfort, function, and aesthetics. From our classic Icon Collection, to our modern Park City and Aria Collections, we aim to meet the needs and preferences of each customer.